Translate

Monday 5 December 2016

Week 1: Shoulder rehabilitation!


Hi Guys 

I completed my first week of shoulder and physical rehab for darts.

my current routine is:

1. Shoulder stretch:

Bend forward at the waist and allow the arm to hang naturally downward toward your foot.

SLOWLY AND GENTLY make circles with the arm. Imagine watching your hand running laps around your toes and you'll get the idea. 10-20 revolutions clockwise, the same number counter-clockwise. Do a set of these, then a set of the next, then repeat a few times.



2. Shoulder raises

Get a 8lb resistance band (Bodylastics are the best - go with green or red one)

now raise your arm in front of you holding the band handle, SLOWLY and GENTLY, until your arm is parallel with your collar bone and the lower.  Do this 10x for each arm.

Then raise your arms to the side SLOWLY and GENTLY like a bird would flapping its wings. Do this 10x (both arms at the same time)

This both strengthens and stretches the whole shoulder girdle.

I do this every day.

I will add exercises each week, and get back to my DDP yoga  however the key here is to slowly build the shoulder up and not overdo it.

I'm hoping this will reduce the 'Jocky Wilson' 3rd dart twitch i occasionally get and build shoulder stamina.

Take care guys

Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment