Translate

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Match 9: Captain Versus Captain (again): Revenge is sweet as Redemption is had!


Hi Guys

Victory was mine last night as i had the greatest darting night of my career to date.

As i posted previously this match really meant something to me as i sued to play for the Seagull, and had left them in march 2014 having been told that “I couldn't play darts” so I was determined to prove them wrong. 

I had waited 16 months for this. It was a shot at redemption, to prove a point (to myself and them) 

I drew their Captain and undoubtedly their best player (in a team of  VERY good players it has to be said) so it was captain versus Captain for the second week in a row.  It was almost a fate tie really as i couldn't have been given a better opponent to make a statement against.

I had watched him give BDO top 30 player Gary Stafford a very hard match in the cup when at the Seagull so knew his game and he was a Big scorer. 

I was on early again (third) which was good for me.  

He won the bull however I got off to a flyer hitting BIG scores as did he.

My will to win was so strong though, he'd hit 60 and i'd hit 80, he'd hit 100 and i'd hit 120!  I took the first leg taking out D4 after some iffy double son d16.

He then took the second leg in a close one.

It was now 1-1. I won the bull to start to start the decider and i again got off to a blinder hitting big scores to at one point be on 40 when he was still back on 270. 

My finishing wasn't great however I took out 2-1-d1 to take the decider. 

It was a very special moment for me. During the match I’d hit 100 x 2, 140, 138, 95, 80x 3 and a host of 60’d.  It was power scoring and an exercise in demoralisation! on this night i just would not be denied!

It was a great feeling..................and i doubt he slept that night!

Afterwards even a lot of their team said “great darts”, which was nice. 

As the tie was so special for me I’d put myself in the doubles as well. After the adrenalin rush of the previous match I was on abit of a comedown and didn’t play great however we won the doubles 2-0 (after a horrendous run on d1 in the last leg), with me taking the first leg, giving me the double result over them. Unfortunately the team didn’t fare so we and they were the only victories as we went down 7-, however everyone battled so hard, and there were 3 matches that were lost on 3rd leg decider doubles so we could have won 5-4.

Its moments like this that make darts the best sport in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment