Translate

Tuesday 16 June 2015

8th Game of the Season results : Captain V Captain!

Hi Guys

well what can is say. This was a very hard fixture.

I had drawn the Captain, an unfriendly sort who didnt crack a smile at all during proceedings. Contempt is the word i would use and there was very much a 'them' and 'us' atmosphere. Nothing friendly like other ties.

The early games were back and forth, and we ended up at 2-1 down before my match. 

I won the bull and then led with consistent scores in the 50’s to leave myself on D15, which I took out on my first dart. So 1-0!

The second leg played out the same as I led from the start and hit a 95 and a couple of 80’s to leave D15 again.

 I hit single15, then hit 1 and then D7 on my last dart to take the tie 2-0 with clinical finishing.  

This levelled us at 2-2 however after that we were again unlucky and finished up on the end of a 6-3 loss which didn’t reflect the closeness of the tie. 

Overall i was pleased to get back to winning ways after 2 close losses in the last few weeks that i should have won. Whilst i didnt hit the 100+'s consistency was the key and i have watched several players hit 100+ only to lose the match on the doubles!

The win gave me my 5th of the season in 8 fixtures to lead the teams player board!

No comments:

Post a Comment