Translate

Monday 8 June 2015

7th Game of the season: team lost 3-6 & i lost 1-2 in a thriller


Hi Guys

After a rousing team-talk where i implored my team to show some 'grit' and 'fight' we entered this fixture with a renewed spirit and after 4 games we were tied at 2-2.

The luck wasn't with us though and we had 'match' darts in the next 3 games and couldn't finish the doubles which left us at 3-5 before my match.

This was at 23:00 and i'd been there for 4 hours. I was up against there best player and we gathered a small crowd around for this match.

Well what can i say, the guys style was unbelievable!!!!! It looked like he was chucking hand grenades. He'd literally lob them upwards and they'd fall..................in the 20 or t20!

I took the first leg with some power darts. I hit 95, 80, 60, 80, 75, 57 to eventually take out D12 to go 1-0 up.

I lost the second leg when my form went awry, but still put the pressure on enough to leave me with d16 which i failed to take out and he leveled it 1-1.

The decider was a back and fourth affair, where i was chipping away with 50's before a big surge left me with D20. Unfortunately i blew it and missed 3 at D10 and he closed out to take it 1-2.

It was a great match and great way to end the night.

At the end i was angry, as it would have been a great win, however even though ive lost 2 in a row i've made my opponent work very hard for it and i could have won both times.

Take care guys

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment