Translate

Tuesday 2 June 2015

6th Game of the Season: We lost 8-1 and I lost 2-1!


Hi Guys

it was a disconsolate night last night as the team sunk to a 8-1 loss away to the Red Lion. We were 5-0 down before 22:00, and had effectively lost the tie in under an hour.

On an incredibly windy and rainy night the luck just wasnt on our side, as the team repeatedly missed doubles's to near gift them 3 of the first 4 matches.

By the time i took to the oche at 22:30 we were 6-1 and feeling awful from the start of a cold i wasnt at my best either.

I was playing a guy called Steve, whom i was told was a good player.  I lost the first leg after winning the bull purely on consistency. I hit a 100, a few 60's and an 80, but made a hash of my doubles and he didnt, so 1-0. In the second i came storming back. I hit another 100, several 80's and several 50+ to eventually take out D8 and level at 1-1. In the decider my form deserted me, whilst he hit  3 100+ scores.  He closed out as i was still over 100.

So i lost my second game of the season and really need to sort my game out. I can hit the BIG scores and play well but my standard is way below BDO entry level.  Lukey here needs to step it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment