Translate

Monday 9 January 2017

My 2016 Darts year in Review


Hi everyone

Well, 2016 was the lowest amount of darts that I’ve played in in the last 3 years.

I set some resolutions for 2016:

http://mydartinglife.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/my-2016-new-years-darts-resolutions.html

·                     Improve my chalking - debatable
·                     Stick to 'ONE' set of darts - NO SWAPPING!!!! - No
·                     Win a minor trophy - No
·                     Hit more 180's than 2015 - Achieved
·                     Hit more triple Bulls than 2015 - Achieved
·                     Attend at least 1 exhibition - Achieved
·                     Keep this blog going - Achieved
·                     Play a singles League format - No
·                     enter a small BDO event – No

which I only partially achieved (4 out of 9) achieved, which isn’t too bad given that quitting my old team, and recurrent back and shoulder problems resulted in a lot of frustration, lost progress and downtime.

The problem when it wasn’t my back was the shoulder. I have developed a Jocky Wilson’esque snatch on either first or third dart and this has led to some very inconsistent practice and performance. There have been days whereby I couldn’t stop hitting the t20 and others where I can’t hit the single one.  This has made progress very hard to track and I won’t go back to competitive darts until I am certain that I can play to a minimum standard I am happy with.  

I only got to attend 1 darts event this year, and met both Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams and Raymond Van Barneveld (8 world titles between them) which was great but to be honest it was very light on competition and progress.

I am going to roll over my ambitions form 2016 to 2017 so they will be:

·                     Improve my chalking
·                     Stick to 'ONE' set of darts - NO SWAPPING!!!! -
·                     Win a minor trophy
·                     Hit more 180's than 2015
·                     Hit more triple Bulls than 2015
·                     Attend at least 1 exhibition
·                     Keep this blog going
·                     Play a singles League format
·                     enter a small BDO event

Let’s see how that goes and I will ensure that 2017 is far more productive.

Thanks for viewing


Luke 

No comments:

Post a Comment