Translate

Monday 6 July 2015

Match 11: A Rose in July does not smell as sweet! A 2-0 thumping by a Grandmother!


Hi Guys

well, what can i say.

Totally blew it last night. before our league fixture, i took on all comers in the pub, winning 10-0 and hitting a variety of 140's and a sweet 17, bull finish. I totally blew my best darts.

I was on second and i was playing Rose. A grandmother who walked with a limp, and was about 5' tall.You should never judge a book by its cover, as this was one dark horse!

This lady threw darts whilst standing totally upright and face on, and lobbing them upwards like a shot-put! I made the mistake of watching her, and that was it i was done. I was hitting 60's, but she was hitting 80's and 90's.  It was surreal.  She done me (and deservedly so) 2-0 checking out with 1 dart both times.

Afterwards i was furious and hitting the practice board where low and behold i was poor for about 30 minutes. I had clearly played myself out of form before my match. I then recovered and in practice i was hitting 100's and 140's like mad, culminating in this sweet 180!

I could have had 5 more!

Unfortunately as a team we were equally poor, and got routed 7-2 (better than 8-1 which we suffered last time) and the night was over by about 22:30!

a naff night all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment