Translate

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Match 10: Ends in another loss and i put in a stinker!


Hi Guys

There's no other way to put this but this was a rotten fixture, and it shouldn't have been.

A number of the team (myself included) seemed to have emotional baggage this week and it resulted in tension, and a bad atmosphere.

It could have all been so different. we went 1-0 up in doubles and then were unlucky in the next 2 matches but pulled it back to 3-3. We then went 4-3 down and lost 6-3.

I have to take alot of the blame here. After last weeks performance i was expecting something special, however i had had a bad weekend, fallen out with the wife, barely practiced and in short my head was anywhere other than the darts,  I put in a risible performance, hitting 30's, 26 and a 15 in my first 12 darts before my 'comeback' of big scores, including a 95 left  me on d4 which i just couldn't  with 9 darts and i lost a really poor leg (poorest this season probably). In the second leg i hit about 5 60's, and was ahead but i did the classic of:

d20: nope single 20
D10: nope single 10
D5: nope single 5
1: hit
D2: nope single 2
d1: miss, miss miss

and my opponent finished up, to give me my worst loss of the season 2-0.

I could have won but my head and my darts were just not connected. i could hear team members saying "whats going on", "hes way better than this", "this would be no probs, he's not here is he"

In short i had no 'fight' as my head was at home worrying about my Marriage.

I went home feeling annoyed and it kept me up most of the night (again stupid).

A word to the wise. Home is the most important thing. If there are issues there don't go to 'darts', it'll only result in a dismal performance,  Its better to sort things out than to go out and throw lemons at the board and go home and be up all night kicking yourself. Unless its a PDC or BDO Major it just isn't worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment