Translate

Tuesday 7 February 2017

06/02/2017: Match Report Vs Duke of Connaught 'B' in League Cup


Hi Guys

Unfortunately we lost in the second round of the cup last night against the Duke of Connaught ‘B’

It was a tight affair with the match constantly going back and forth:

0-1
1-1
1-2
2-2
3-2
3-3
4-3
4-4
4-5

There’s no dishonor in defeat as long as it’s for the right reasons and we played well with some cracking and tightly fought games, and it coming down to the final game

Even though no one likes to lose its hard to be disconsolate when the DOC ‘B’ are such a great bunch.

Now, onto my performance.

Pre-match practice went really well, I was hitting a lot of 100’s and in the ‘inter pub’ (ie before league) matches I won 4 of the 5 doubles matches and 1 of the 2 singles.

In the first singles match I hit 2 100’s and a 95 before missing 6 darts at D4 and the Captain checked out d20.

In the second singles I hit some consistent scores, again 2 100’s before taking out d6 (after missing d12).

In my league cup doubles though we unfortunately lost 2-0. I consistently hit 60+ and a few 80's and a 95 however my partner didn’t quite have their scoring boots on and we lost a close one.

Overall again there were a lot of positives, I practiced well, and had a consistent performance which was great. 

The standard this season of the team is a lot higher than it was a few seasons ago. Before there really was only 2-3 players who you could call ‘good’ players of which at one point I was arguably the best. This season though there’s a number of players who can score big and hit decent ‘outs’ as well which is great.

Since I have joined end of season I’m really going to have to up my game to get in the League singles next season, which is great, competition only makes you better and I’ll be all the better for it.

Take care

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment