Translate

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Update: 19/10/2016, the reason for my lack of posts


Hi guys

i have received a number of emails recently asking how i am and why my posts have reduced and how my darts are going.

I'll be honest with you, i haven't picked up a dart  properly in several weeks.

I have been struggling with a back issue that i'll be honest has hindered me since i started playing darts.

The injury originally stems from an accident at work some 7 years ago and re-aggravated about 3 years ago and forced me to quit bodybuilding. I basically have no intervertebral disk at L2 and have damage to the discs above at below it. This can result in severe pain and discomfort in everyday tasks let along leaning for darts.

This is in addition to damage to my shoulder, hips and knees from boxing, wrestling and lifting very heavy weights.

It is not something that is going to get better, and a fusion will see my range of motion completely limited so it is something i have to work around.

At the moment i am looking at alternatives. I have tried DDP yoga and that works very well however i need to work on ways to additionally strength the back, hip and knees areas without affecting my ability to throw a dart, as has the lack of hours in the day to practice due to work.

 I had intended 2016 to be a year where i played consistently, and this has probably been my worst year for playing darts since i started (only 3 years ago mind).

I am going to try and get myself darts fit as i would like to defend the Sutherland Cup for the third time as automatically qualify as a past winner and get back and beyond my best standard.

The thing is i'm not the kind of person whose happy to turn up to a competition or league match unprepared and unfit and lose to a player i should and would be beating. For me its no fun just turning up for a 'chuck about'.  I want to, no scrap that i need to win and i wont play unles si know i can give somewhere near my best.

anyway thank you for your emails

Take care and keep viewing

Luke







No comments:

Post a Comment