Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Getting healthy in January for 2016 darts!


Hi Guys

i just wanted to give you a quick update.

As it stands now i am and have taken January off from darts (or rather serious practice).

Now this may seem completely at odds with the 'darts' culture, however i think it essential to give the body a break and whats-more maintain some level of fitness.

Now that's not so say that darts players aren't fit. The distance walking covered by players over a session (from oche to board and back) is not inconsiderable (may measure it), however to avoid health complications that others (and myself) have suffered from hips and back problems it is essential in my mind to take action to ensure damage is minimalised or avoid altogether.

The aim is to get myself healthy, clear up some niggling injuries/discomforts and in effect 'reset' myself.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol since New Years Eve (2015) and about 2.5 weeks alcohol free with a view to having January completely drink free. I am considering it a detox and repair after a pretty 'heavy' 2015.

I am working out 3 days a week, full-body, and also getting my cardio in as well as cutting out snacking and eating sugary products during the working day and consuming lots of green and herbal teas.

The idea idea is that by the end of January i will be in great shape for 2016. I wasn't in bad shape to begin with as i have a decent physique through years of bodybuilding, however the excess of fried foods and alcohol had made me sluggish and this needed addressing.

As it stands my aim is for a BDO tournament in November 2016 (more of that in the coming months so stay tuned), which will give me 9 months to train for.

That's right i said train for. I am approaching this as i would for a boxing tournament, with the mindset to start off light and build up to a fine tuned 'ultimate' peak at the tournament.

Anyway i just thought i would give you an update and i would seriously recommend it to anyone.

Think of it as giving your body a yearly service so it starts the new year in top condition. 30 days isn't a lot to give up out of 365 (about 8%) and the benefits are fantastic.

I am leaner and more muscular, my complexion has improved, i am more alert and aware and overall so much fitter already (and its only day 19).

Another major bonus is that you will 'reset' your alcohol tolerance, which is better for your bank balance and overall health as you wont need as much to get where you want to go. I was at 12 cans of Coors light + to get a buzz

So get healthy if you can, your body and performance will thank you for it.

Luke



No comments:

Post a Comment