Translate

Thursday 26 November 2015

Why i Love a BAD practice session


Hi Guys

This might seem like an odd thing to say however i love a bad practice session.

I take positives from all practice, as there is always some benefit (even its just the fact you have clocked up more hours on the board)..

The reason for this is simple. I would rather get my BAD performance out of the way on the practice board then come match day.

An example:

I went through a stage where i was practicing great and had won a number of league matches without even dropping a leg. I then played every team member in the pub before the league games started (as was common every Monday pre-match, in a kind of mini 'inter' pub league)  and rattled off 10 straight wins and left the board so others could practice as i was just dominating (and had been for weeks) . Then.......................we play our league match and i went up and i had an absolute stinker against a far inferior player. It just didn't get going for me, and i got frustrated and that was it. I blew so many match darts it wasn't even funny. Everyone was mystified how i'd turned in such a shocker??

The reality is that every once in a while you get a 'bad' patch. You can eliminate alot of it with practice and experience but they still happen. I was flying and due a 'bad one' and it kicked in on match day.

Its happened to all the greats, so is part of the game.

That's why if practice and playing has been going well, i welcome an occasional stinker on the practice board, better that than in a crucial game!



No comments:

Post a Comment