Translate

Thursday 19 November 2015

Don't lose heart if you have a bad practice session!!!


Hi Guys

I just wanted to bring up the importance of NOT getting disheartened with practice if it doesn't go your way.

As you will know i am just easing back, and i have been pretty happy with my progress. I have just been easing back with 15 minutes a day.

Well the last 10 days or so was fantastic. I'd go up, i'd go round the singles fine, the doubles would go ok, my bulls would be ok, and i'd hit a lot of 80's to 140's (inc many many near 180s)

Well last night i decided to push the envelope. I started off on 20's and for about 10 minutes couldn't miss (hitting many 80's and 100s). I went around the board on singles and doubles as normal (fine) and then decided to push past my usual routine!

Well...............................When i went to hit the 20's i couldn't hit a thing. Seriously it was like i was throwing slippery traffic cones at the board. Eventually i started hitting the 20's again but for a period of 10 minutes i was rotten. I'd in effect played myself out of! I left the practice room annoyed, however if you focus on the negatives it negates the whole session and renders it like you shouldn't have bothered.

The positives:


  • I practiced
  • I went around the board
  • i hit a good number of 20's
  • I hit my Bulls


How can their be a negative???

The morale of this:  STAY POSITIVE ITS ALL GOOD!










No comments:

Post a Comment