Translate

Monday 3 August 2015

Re-Evaluating my darts future!


Hi Guys

I have been re-evaluating my darts, in the wake of leaving the team and quitting.

It will be only 2 years in August since i started playing and in that time i have achieved alot:

met:

Phil Taylor (WC x 16)
Eric Bristow (WC x 5)
Vincent Van Der Voort
Arron Monk (former youth world champion)
Dennis Priestley (WC x 2)
John Lowe (WC x 3)
Andy Fordham (WC x 1)
Keith Deller (WC x 1)
Bobby George (NOTW x 2)
Bob Anderson (WC x 1)

That's 7 world champions with a combined tally of 31 world titles between them.

I have played Bristow
I have got to the final of the leagues mixed doubles cup (July 14)
I won the Sutherland 3 nations cup
I won the Al's Bar Easter cup
I have won a total of 14 out of 33 league singles matches (for a win ratio of 42%)
I have won 7 of 14 league double's matches (for a win ratio of 50%)
I have hit a 112.6 ave
I have checked out a 125 (25,60,d20)
Become the best in the pub

All this was achieved despite back issues and the fact that i was constantly changing my darts set-up (don't think i used the same set for more than 2 weeks consecutively), and tinkering.

maybe i do have something to offer?? i have got to a double and almost won matches when using sets of darts i'd never used before, against very, very seasoned and good opposition.

I will go and evaluate, re-hab and hopefully come back stronger than before.

I already have an invite to join the PDS (Portsmouth Darts series - the PDC equivalent for our area) Grand Prix (14 weeks and with major £££ payouts), so watch this space.

Firstly i need to get healthy,  get proficient in chalking and settle on a set of darts and then who knows, maybe in 2016  we can make a run at all the PDS events?

Take care

Luke














No comments:

Post a Comment