Translate

Monday 3 August 2015

12th match of the season: Lost 2-0 and team lost 5-4


Hi Guys

For some reason this didn't seem to post.

This was to be my swansong fixture in darts for the time being and for the team known as Al's Bar.

There had been a lot of dissention going into the match with players arguing, bitchiness,  and drunk and childish behaviour.

Now this was a fixture we could and should have won.

Unfortunately we got off to a bad start and ended up 3-0 down with all the matches going to a final deciding leg.

I was up 4th and against Shannon. Now i was 3-0 against the BIH and have beaten Shannon before, however my nagging injuries, the atmosphere, and the fact that i'd changed to a set of 25g MVG before the match saw me lose 2-0. I did get to a double on the first leg however my scores were all 50's and Shannon decided to play a blinder. In truth i was beaten before the start.

The team went on to lose 5-4 in a close one.

After that i tendered my resignation a few days later.

I was gutted, however i needed to re-evaluate everything. Playing was taking a physical toll and my back went (again) and i wasn't enjoying it.

The following week the team played the Good intent in match 13 and lost 9-0 in their worst defeat of the season.

I think though there is and was a distinct difference in my ambition and the teams. The majority of the players would show up and feel content to hit a 100 once even if they lost 2-0 and the team lost 9-0 whereas i was harbouring ambitions of playing in the BDO one day. That is a BIG difference!

Kind Regards

Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment