Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Working out & darts: A warning!

Hi guys i just wanetd to give you an update i hadnt been able to earlier. Its about working out. I started working out again a while ago and all was well, it didnt affect my darts. I then upped the weight and intensity though and i'll be honest..................it destroyed my action. No joke, my form was shot to pieces for a week and it was like i had to re-learn how to throw all over again. Intense tricep and shoulder work is a MASSIVE no, no if you want to progress as a player. It makes sense darts is about muscle memory and any major working out changes the muscle, thus creating a need to re-create it again. Its like starting over each time. I have worked out that players would be much better working on leg, lower back and hip exercises to strengthen these areas as this is where alot of players develop problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment