Translate

Tuesday 19 May 2015

5th Match of the season. I win 2-1 but team loses 4-5!


Hi Guys

It was a bizaare and long night last night with darts going from 21:00 to 00:00, and no one on both sides playing very well at all. Infact it was the definition of medicocre, as 2 teams both on 4 losses, both with zero points tried to get their first win of the season.

Unfortunately we lost 4-5 in a close one. We went 1-0 u in the fuirst match but quickly dropped to 1-3 after 3 very tight games.  We then one our next to ( i levelled it at 3-3) before we dropped 2 of the next 3.  Overall it was just one of them nights!

In my match, i won, but it wasnt through good darts. I have been struggling to hit the big scores , and i didnt shoot over 100 last night.

I won the first leg, after we got off pretty decently, both hitting 60's, 70's and 50's, before i  left D8 which i took out with my first dart. I dropped the second, when i played poorly, hitting in the 40's, and ended up leaving myself D5 which i missed and my opponent took out d2. In the decider he won the bull and then hit a 120, however i chipped away with 60's,  and 45's before i hit a 95 to leave me on D16 with my last dart. I missed it but my opponent choked on his D20 and i hit D8 with my next dart to win 2-1.

Overall its not a performance to be proud of, but i got the win and thats what counts. Ive played far better and lost, however my pressure caused my opponent problems and i was ruthless on my doubles.

As the GREAT Bobby George says

"Trebles for show, Doubles for dough!"

i got the win, my 4th in 5 matches and an 80% win ratio.

More works needed though, alot more

No comments:

Post a Comment