Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Last game of Winter 2015 season: 2-0 to Lukey!


Hi Guys

a relatively dismal. 2015 Winter season ended on a high as i ran out a convincing 2-0 winner away at the 'Bird in Hand'.

a surreal experience this quaint little pub played thrash, hard rock or heavy metal on its jukebox the whole night at seriously lod levels. It was like being at a 4 hour Motorhead concert

Going on late at 23:00 i lost the bull and dsspite hitting a lowly 1 after 2 bounceouts early on i powered forward in a close one hitting multiple 60s and 80, taking out the first leg with D7. The second leg was all me as i again hit 70s, 80s and miltiple 60s to leave a favoured 32.  Unfortunately i hit 8, but then took  out d12 with my next dart!

the difference for me: finishing!

afterwards my.opponent Tim thanked me for a great match and was a total gent!

and so ends my winter season. This was a hard and learning season for me. In the 2014 Summer season i had won 4 of 6 and done well. This season i won only 4 of 13! 5 of those games though ended on a deciding leg and id been ahead in all of them so i could and should have won 9 of 13.  Unfortunately the team finished second from bottom of tje league but there were alot of positives.

a big lesson: dont over practice pre-match. I wasted alot of good darts this season waiting to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment