Translate

Sunday 21 July 2019

The road to recovery: week 1 update and a 180!

Hi guys

As I await my MRI in August, to stave off the utter feeling of uselessness I've set myself a few small targets as I try to recover.

Obviously the MRI will potentially tell me what I need to do (I don't want major spinal surgery!)  and I'm hoping extensive long-term rehab is the answer (I'm stretching an hour a day) however I've set myself some little darts goals to achieve by xmas:

1. Hit another 180
2. Best my precious of 100 at 20 (which was 115 in October 2018)
3. Hit an average over 70 in a match
4. Practice at least 1 hr a week
5. Hit under  15 darter

At the moment I can only manage about 100 darts and 15 minutes a day before my body plays up.

It's only week 1, however my best at 100 at 20 is 92.

I did hit a peach of a 180 though:


So goal 1 achieved.

Not bad for a guy who rattles due to so many meds and an atrophied leg 8).

The plan is to try and do 15 minutes a day build up, and see where it takes me.......hopefully better than ever!

All the best

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment