Translate

Wednesday 29 November 2017

Out with the old, In with the new...........Winmau Blade 5 Board!

Hi Guys

Take a look at this Winmau Masters board: 






No it hasn’t spent a life on the rubbish tip or some ancient social club, a relic of the early 80’s!

This is the board I have been using for about 3 years. It’s served me well but has become utterly unplayable. Now I like to use an old style board as I find it makes you more accurate (thicker wires, staples etc.) however there comes a time when the thing is so wrecked that it’s actually a hindrance to practicing!

The time has truly come to put this thing out to pasture.

Look at that T20. I must have been doing something right!

I there elected to finally trade up to the latest Winmau Blade 5. Now I know there is a lot of debate over the Unicorn HD 2 vs Blade 5.

Now I have owned a HD and I’ll be honest it lasted only a few months. It looked great out of the box (stunning in-fact), but after a few hours play it looked a year old! Admittedly my inaccuracy played a part however 2 numbers on the ring broke in the first 5 minutes, and the spider looked wretched by this point. That I changed it for the Winmau Masters within a few months speaks volumes.

 You only have to see the issues players in the PDC are having at major tournaments (bounce outs and fallouts) to know that something isn’t quite right.

The Blade board is a pub standard and the official board of the BDO. I have had a 2 and a 3, and played my league matches on a 4 and they’re great, and the 5 is no exception. Wafer thin spider, clear as hell and looks great!

I was lucky in that Argos were doing a deal for £35 for both the board and the surround! 

So here you have it, my new setup:




I would truly advise anyone thinking of buying one to invest in one of these.


Take Care

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment