Translate

Thursday 31 March 2016

Darts: Its my addiction!


Hi Guys

I just wanted to touch upon my blog post last night about coming back to darts.

I know i only quit, what 5-6 weeks ago which is nothing however the truth is that i have got darts in my system and have since 2013. Its 'in' me now and its something that i cant 'not do'.

I tried avoiding the forums, watching it on television or checking results online however like an addict i couldn't help myself.

I managed to avoid a few of the television events and then caught the PDC Premier League on SKY and that was it, i desperately wanted to pick up a set of darts their and then.

I managed to hold off but then low and behold before i knew it i was back checking the forums and watching it regularly and then last night i picked up the darts and within 10 minutes, cold and unpracticed i hit a double bull and narrowly missed a treble bull and then hit a great 180 and that feeling just came back!

I wont lie it feels great when you hit what your aiming for and hitting a 180 feels incredible. It is like a drug (at least for me) and too be brutally honest not something i ever want or feel i could give up and be happy with.

I posted a while ago that i was struggling to find practice time. Yes it is hard but when you truly love something you have to make sacrifices. If that is sleep, then so be it (last night's 180 was at 22:30).

I love the feel of competition and if some players can do great things at 40,50,60+ at 35 i'm sure i can give some players a difficult night

Darts is my addiction

Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment