Translate

Friday 2 December 2016

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!


Hi Guys

I have felt compelled to write this due to the negativity i see all around me!

There are many people that decide for whatever reason to let go of their dreams, ambitions or hobbies.

Maybe it is the pressure of work, family or other commitments. Or maybe it is because you have reached a certain point in the calendar where you think “I’m too old” or “I can’t do this”

Now I hate doing preachy posts or getting ‘deep’ however I need to make something really, really clear here:

“THIS IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL”

And by this I mean this is the one shot you have. No one beats the clock, and no one lives forever.

This is why I cannot understand why people give up their dreams or the things they love to do????

It really is a mystery to me???

Darts of all the sports out there is the one that lends itself most to longevity and ability to play/complete regardless of age.

Unlike Boxing, Bodybuilding, MMA, football, wrestling or you name it, there is no ‘sell by date’ where you have to assess your age (or wear) induced physical limitations and age should have minimal impact on your ability to compete and your aspirations!

What I am saying here is:

“YOU ARE NOT WRITTEN OFF AT 35, 45 or 55”

Now my ambition is to get to a standard where I can compete and acquit myself well in local tournaments and basically give fellow darters a game with the view of competing in a BDO event.

I started at 33, and have a myriad of physical discomforts to manage, however if I achieve that and can do that till I physically cannot lift a dart anymore then I will have achieved my ambition!

Now if I achieve more than that, brilliant!

Am I going to let anyone tell me I am:

Too old
Started too late
Will never make it

F**K no!

If others want to hate and give up their dreams, or aspirations because they’re not 22 or 25 anymore then that’s their life. Haters will always hate, that’s a given however given the short time we have in life, I can’t see why anyone would want to give up on their dreams.

I don’t think anyone on their death bed has said:

“I’m glad I didn’t achieve my dreams or live more”

As long as you don’t hurt anyone in the process why not go for it? The only thing you have to lose is time not doing it!!!

Take Care


Luke

1 comment:

  1. You're right on the money Luke. Just because you might not make it to the World Championships doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be the best player you can be.

    Banz

    ReplyDelete